Care for your Hosiery;
It is important to care for your hosiery to ensure the longevity of each pair, I have included a few tips for you to follow.
- When putting on your hosiery always wear a pair of cotton gloves, this will protect them from rough skin and nails and prevent snagging.
- If you are not wearing a cotton glove, always ensure you have manicured nails, smooth hands and you remove your jewellery, this will prevent you from snagging your hosiery.
- Keep your toenails well-manicured, this will also prevent holes appearing in the toe of your hosiery.
- Always un-roll your hosiery from the foot, working up the leg to the waist, never pull the hosiery up as this may cause you to ladder or put a hole in your hosiery.
- When wearing stay ups do not put moisturiser on the top part of your leg, this will ensure the stocking remains in place and does not slip down your leg.
- Always hand wash you hosiery, machine washing is not advisable. If you choose to use the washing machine, place your hosiery into a lingerie bag and use the gentle cycle.
- It is best never to hang your stockings on the line. Once they have been washed, lay them on a towel out of direct sunlight. This will prevent any stretching, fading or discolouration.
- When washing stay ups ensure you wash the silicone band well to remove any residual body oils, as this will prevent the silicone from attaching to the leg. Wiping the silicone with methylated sprites or dedicated alcohol wipes will also help remove any residual body oils.
- Ensure the storage location of your hosiery is free from rough finishes. It is best to store them folded neatly in a lingerie bag. If you don't have a lingerie bag a pillow case will suffice.